Monday, August 25, 2008

Michelle Obama!!!!!


I do not know about you but I am sitting here on the side of my bed in awe. In awe of possibilities, in awe of hope, in awe of change and in awe with what my contribution will be to this planet.

So often, we get buried in the sea of our hurts. And I tell you, I have experienced my share of hurt and pain; so intense that I thought survival was an impossibility. However, tonight I heard a women speak about family, hope and change with some of the same baggage that I carry. I saw a woman speak with passion not looking for applause, not looking to be the first anything but looking to make a difference. I saw a woman speak, whose words brought tears not only to my eyes but also the eyes of my teenage children.

I go to bed tonight energized, confident of my struggles and assured of my future.

No comments: