Thursday, September 11, 2008

Trying To Relax

What does that mean? I am just trying to relax... I have a friend that says that to me all the time. And when I ask how, they never know how to answer me. Well, I want to relax too but I am not always sure how to accomplish that. So.... I have decided to start with, what is the best decision for me in the moment. Well what does that mean?

You see, one of my issues is I give away of myself way too freely, I do not charge enough. I normally think of everyone else and never consider my own needs. Then after a while, I feel stressed and up tight, not at all relaxed. To remedy this problem, I have committed to stop, think and consider before I make a decision to come to any one's rescue. I must think, is helping this person right now, the best choice for me. I have committed to, before I choose to eat something, stay up late or make any decision; I will ask, is this, the best choice for me.

Now, this is very scary to me because most of my life, the people surrounding me, often made choices that were in their best interest, not necessarily mine. My fear has always been that I would become an extremely selfish person. So, my task, find the balance. To find that sweet spot where I can be the giving me, while taking care of myself at the same time.

Wish me luck...

No comments: