Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Perfection




I was thinking about 2008 this week, as it is coming to end very soon! First, I thought about all the blessings of the year and felt extremely thankful! I then wondered, what lessons have learned this year…

The first thing that came to mind was being “real”! After graduating from graduate school earlier this year, I suddenly had time to pay attention. I suddenly noticed the flaws in my own life as well as the flaws that others were trying to hide. One of the reasons, I started blogging was because I wanted to be real; I wanted to put it all out there. I did not want to hide anything. Now do not get me wrong, I so understand the concept of speaking, walking and living by faith; it is how I live my life. However, some have lost the ability to be real along the way; living by faith has somehow become living or shall I say, appearing to live a perfected life. Again, do not get me wrong, we all crave perfection but most of us get it, that's not a possibility. I feel sad for people who spend most of their lives trying to create this perfect life, friends and family, not a flaw to be seen. How sad, it is such wasted energy living that way and so unnecessary because the price has already been paid for those imperfections that many are trying to hide.

We all know there was only one perfect being and that was Christ. His crucifixion allowed us to be able to live our flawed lives knowing that grace and mercy waits at the end of our mistakes. I am not saying we should willfully do wrong things because we already know we have forgiveness. I am saying sometimes we mess up, sometimes we make wrong choices and sometimes we just have dark seasons, and at the end of those, we have our Fathers forgiveness.

This year I have learned, I am flawed; I make mistakes and MOST OF ALL, MY LIFE IS NOT PERFECT! In this revelation, Christmas means even more to me. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: